Tips for Shopping on Black Friday
If you are headed out to brave the crowds in hunt of a good deal this Black Friday, here are some tips for a successful trip:
- Take a nap! You don’t want to start out tired…that does not make for a good shopping experience.
- Eat a snack! No one wants to be hunger when they’re on a mission! :)
- Make a list!
- Research prices!
- Don’t forget about the “fine print” in the ads!
- Map our your route!
- Be prepared for long lines and cold weather. Dress accordingly!
- Bring friends or family members to help you grab deals! Go for the big deals yourself and have them grab smaller deals around the store.
- Know your stores policies (coupons, layaways, returns, etc.)
- If you don’t see a deal, ask an employee or keep searching through the store!
- If you have a smartphone, use an app to scan barcodes and compare in-store deals with online prices!
- Avoid impulse buys: Not everything advertised is a great deal.
- Don’t get distracted by end cap and center aisle items that get you to buy more than you need.
- Keep your receipts… just in case you change your mind!
…if none of this interests you, stay home and shop online!! LOL