We made this Creamy Skillet Meatballs with Egg Noodles recipe a few nights ago and it was pretty delicious and very flavorful! We were able to use some white wine that was given to us as a Christmas gift and I really think it made all the difference in the recipe! The only thing that we would do different would be to make our own meatballs. We used the leftover Schwan’s meatballs from when we made the Meatball Roll-up a few weeks ago. However, I really recommend that you make your own when you make this dish! :) ENJOY!
Creamy Skillet Meatballs with Egg Noodles recipe
- olive oil
- 1 lb meatballs (frozen or homemade)
- small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 and 1/2 c low sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz Egg Noodles
- 1/4 c white wine
- 3/4 c Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add onion.
- Next, add meatballs to brown all over; then remove from skillet while leaving all but 1 tablespoon fat/juices from pan.
- Stir in flour and cook until golden; then add broth, noodles, and wine and bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until pasta begins to soften.
- Add meatballs and simmer covered until meatballs are cooked through and noodles are “al dente.”
- Turn heat off, stir in cheese and chives while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.