And how about another salsa recipe? I mean really, you cannot have enough salsa to get you through the winter months! :) The best part about homemade salsa is that you know what’s going into it. No preservative or chemicals that you can’t even pronounce! :) We also allowed the Vitamix to do all the work for this recipe as well. :) ENJOY!
Zesty Salsa with the VitamixPrint Recipe
- 10 c tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 5 c onion, chopped
- 5 c green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 and 1/2 c hot peppers (jalapeno, Hungarian, Serrano, etc.), finely chopped (seeded is optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/4 c cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
Allow the Vitamix to help you chop tomatoes, just be sure to cut them in chunks and core them.
Hand chop the rest of the veggies.
In a large saucepan combine all prepared ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat (stir constantly).
Once boiling, reduce heat and boil gently until slightly thickened (about 10 mins); do stir often.
Once thickened, continue with the canning method that you are most comfortable with.