Sweet Potato Casserole recipe
This is a delicious recipe that your family is sure to love. I’m still having a hard time deciding if it’s a side dish or dessert; either or, it’s amazing! :) We had it for Thanksgiving, but I’m pretty sure it’ll become a family favorite at any event! :) ENJOY!
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 3 c sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 c white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- 1/3 c butter, melted
- mini marshmallows
- First, wash and dry potatoes; then pierce them with a fork and microwave them for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Remove sweet potatoes from their peels and combine them with white sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl; mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish; bake for 25 minutes.
- While baking, mix together topping for the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside: brown sugar, flour, nuts, and butter.
- After 25 minutes of baking, sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the topping (don’t forget to also top with mini marshmallows) and return to oven for 10 minutes.