This Pecan Sandies Cookies recipe is so easy and delicious that you may want to make an extra batch! I’m not sure if I’ve ever had homemade Pecan Sandies, only store bought and these are WAY better than those you’d buy in he packaging! :) They’re so soft and pretty addicting! :) ENJOY!!
Pecan Sandies Cookies recipe
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Next, beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and slowly add to the butter mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Finally, stir in the pecans; the dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Roll dough into small balls and coat them in sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet 1 inch apart and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Cool on wire racks.