I’m obsessed with Pierogies…as in, I consider it to be a food group! The sad thing is, I don’t live in an area that is famous for making them in local restaurants. Therefore whenever I go out of town, I always find ways to get my fix! There is however a local company that sells frozen Pierogies that I love to purchase and this easy recipe came about by using them! While I love me some pierogies, I also love me some easy lunch recipe! This Oven Roasted Pierogies recipe is single served, but I’m sure you could do this on a much larger scale! ENJOY!
Oven Roasted Pierogies with Baked Red Onions
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 3-4 frozen pierogies
- 1-2 slices of red onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place small 1/2 tbsp “pads” of butter on a cookie sheet (enough pads for each of the pierogies and onion slices).
- Then place the pierogies and onion slices on top of the pads of butter.
- Drop some more butter pads on top of the pierogies and onions to then top with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, but keep an eye on them!
- Serve topped with sour cream and basil.