Jalapeño Pesto with Linguine
Have left over green bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, and jalapeño peppers? Don’t want them to go to waste? Then you should definitely make this Jalapeño Pesto to serve over Linguine! It’s easy, simple, and freezes great! You can also top with lean chicken to add some protein to the meal! If you do end up freezing the leftovers, remember to top with a thin layer of olive oil so it does not get try. :) ENJOY!
- 6 fresh jalapeño peppers, cored and seeded
- 5 fresh Serrano chilies or sweet banana peppers, cored and seeded
- 1-2 green bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 c sliced blanched almonds
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Linguine (or preferred pasta)
- Place raw ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Prepare pasta as per packaging instructions.
- Just before pasta has finished cooking, place smooth pesto in a sauté pan over medium-high heat to warm through.
- When pasta is al-dente, drain and add it to the pesto mixture; toss over medium heat for about 30 seconds, until nicely coated, and then pour it into a warmed bowl (you may top with prepared chicken).