For as long as I can remember, Mom has been making this Easy Macaroni Salad for cookouts and get-togethers; she even makes it for a snack and a lunchtime side dish every now and then! It’s so simple, but yet so delicious…and it’s practically always gone first at any event. There really are no amounts to this recipe, because you can add as much or as little of each ingredient as you’d like. We have a family member (ahem…my sister), who doesn’t like onions, so if you’re like her, maybe leave them out or only add a few of them! :) I’m pretty sure your family will come to love this very non-traditional, easy Macaroni Salad like my family has over he years! :) ENJOY!
Easy Macaroni Salad
- shell pasta
- onion, diced
- green bell pepper, diced
- miracle whip
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then rinse over cool water.
- Make sure the pasta is completely cooled, then place in a large bowl with onion and bell pepper.
- Add miracle whip (enough to coat evenly but no too much extra).
- Mix everything together and server topped with freshly ground pepper.
- This is better if it sits in the fridge up to 2 hours before you serve.