I feel like Chicken Parmesan is a recipe that everyone should have in their back pocket for that weeknight where you have no idea what you should make for dinner, because this is a recipe that everyone tends to like. I mean, who doesn’t like a crispy chicken doused in spaghetti sauce? This recipe is so delicious that I know you’ll want to print it off to keep around when needed! :) ENJOY!
Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 c flour
- 3 tsp italian spices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- cooking spray
- 1 jar (3 and 1/2 c) good-quality marinara sauce
- 3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Get three shallow bowls; place eggs in one and lightly beat, place panko and spices in another, and finally place flour in the third.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then dip each piece of chicken in flour (shaking of excess), then egg, and finally bread crumbs and place on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Once each breast is coated, spray each with cooking spray.
- Bake breasts until cooked though and crumbs are browned (about 15 minutes).
- Then top with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.