Michael Symon’s Cheesy Potatoes
Who doesn’t love Potatoes and Cheese? HELLO! This recipe is sure to knock your socks off with it’s cheesy, creamy, goodness! I love me some Michael Symon, I promise I’m not obsessed, OK…maybe a little, but seriously the man sure does know what he’s talking about and these potatoes definitely prove it! They’re SO amazing and your WHOLE family will definitely love them! ENJOY!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 c onion, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 and 1/2 c low sodium chicken stock
- 2/3 c sour cream
- 6 c russet potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 2 c sharp shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 c cornflakes, crushed
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×9″ pan with cooking spray.
- In the meantime, place potatoes in a pot covered with cold salted water; bring to a boil and cook until tender but still holds their shape, about 5 minutes.
- When cooked, drain the potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Place a saute pan over medium-high heat; when the pan is hot, add the butter followed by the onion and a pinch of salt.
- Cook while stirring occasionally until the onions begin to soften and become translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the flour and stir to coat the onions, then stir in the chicken stock.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook while stirring occasionally for 15 minutes; season with 1/2 tsp salt and some pepper.
- After 15 minutes, remove from the heat and whisk in 1 and 1/2 cups of cheese and sour cream.
- Pour the onion-cheese mixture over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix to combine, then pour into prepared pan.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and cornflakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.